The Equisys website has been designed and built to comply with the internationally accepted web standards of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). In doing so, all pages that link to this page are required to conform to the standards set out on this page.
Valid HTML and CSS:
Our pages are written in valid HTML 4.01 Transitional and styled using valid CSS code. We validate our pages regularly to ensure this standard is maintained.
We have incorporated the following features into the site to help you find your way around:
- Search box
- A search box allowing you to type in search terms and search the site is available on every page using the standard template
- Breadcrumb trail
- We provide a breadcrumb trail feature above the main content of each page to show you the path from the home page to where you are in the site
- We try to ensure that all of our link text is written to make sense out of context
- We use stylesheets for visual layout combined with structured markup of headings, paragraphs and lists to separate content from presentation
- The content of our pages is still readable if stylesheets are turned off or unavailable
- All content images have alt text providing equivalent text to describe their function should your browser not support image display
We test all of our pages to ensure the information they contain is accessible in a range of different browsers. By complying to web standards we avoid the use of features specific to one browser. If you experience problems whilst using browser software to access our site, please do let us know.