It is our policy to treat all information you provide to us in confidence and in accordance with the purposes set out below. We will not disclose information about you to any third parties other than those persons/organizations specified in this statement.
By using any of our websites or providing your personal information to us, you consent to the limited uses of information about you according to this statement.
Collection of information from your computer
We receive and we may record information from your computer and browser, including the page you request, your IP address and the values of any cookies we have previously stored. We use this information to customize the pages you see, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide us with information for reports and analysis concerning our websites, our distribution network, our marketing strategies, and our product and service offerings.
Collection of personal information
We collect personal information through our websites (in the event that you have typed in your details onto a form or clicked on a link in an email we sent you), during the installation process for our software, and/or through other information requests and any emails you send to us.
Where appropriate, we will make a record of the software product(s) that you choose to purchase/download/use online and any information you give us. There is also certain demographic information gathered regarding your visit to this site which is used for statistical purposes only.
Purposes for which personal information is used
We will process the above information for the following purposes:
- providing you with information about products and new releases and services we offer from time to time;
- where you are based outside of the United Kingdom, informing your local Equisys subsidiary or distributor of your interest in our products and services, enabling you to have a point of contact for Equisys products and services in your country or nearby;
- storing your information for the purposes of providing you with support and maintenance from time to time;
- managing your account with us as a customer;
- conducting market research; and
- to provide us with information about our business (see below).
In relation to point 6, we may use your information in order to produce reports and analysis concerning our websites, our distribution network, our marketing strategies, and our product and service offerings. No individual users are identified from such reports and analysis.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- other members of the Equisys group;
- local distributors (see purposes above);
- our agents and professional advisors;
- sub-contractors and service providers; and
- third party companies (unless you indicate otherwise).
We take steps to ensure that all such third parties adhere to equivalent standards of privacy protection.