FIX: Zetafax Release Notes - Version 126.96.36.199
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
This document, details issues in previous versions of Zetafax that have been addressed in this release of Zetafax.
Issues fixed in this release
Zetafax Exchange 2000 Connector.
- Exchange 2000 connector no longer adds an additional cover page to released preview faxes.
Released preview faxes had an additional cover page added when “Always Use Default Coversheet and Letterhead” is checked.
- Exchange 2000 site default message format settings not used.
Zetafax SMTP gateway.
- Multiple fax addresses in the TO field had the side effect of also attempting to send faxes to e-mail recipients.
Zetafax e-mail gateway.
- Accumulation of files in MAILIN folder.
If you are sending a very high volume of faxes, then faxes in the zfax\server\mailin directory were not always deleted. Entries in this directory build up and have to be deleted manually.
- Zetafax server stops after Notes server is unavailable.
Brooktrout Intelligent fax devices.
- BfvCallWaitForComplete needed a configurable timeout setting.
BfvCallWaitForComplete should get its timeout settings from the PRI line, however, if the line is not configured correctly then the function waits, hanging the device.
- Analogue boards in the US do not pick up DTMF tones.
- Imaging cannot be used as a viewer on Windows XP.
Imaging is not shipped as part of Windows XP, but we have improved the alternative Zetafax viewer which now provides Fit Width and 1 to 1 display modes, and a print button.
- Unable to edit subject line of a newly received fax.
- Zetafax Option buttons does not function for English default user on French NT machine.
- Workstation install fails to install faxmerge printer on NT4 terminal server.
The install program now installs the faxmerge printer instead of the normal printer.
- Coversheet editor templates have a hard-coded character set.
The hard-coded character set was removed from the Coversheet templates.
Issues rolled up in this release.
- ZTN1169-FIX Zetafax Outlook forms are blank on Windows 98
- ZTN1172-FIX € (Euro) character is replaced by an invalid or blank character
- ZTN1173-PRB Zetafax connector stops processing messages when the event log is full
- ZTN1179-FIX Received faxes are black pages when viewed with Zetafax forms
- ZTN1181-FIX Imaging fails to launch fax when used as the default viewer
- ZTN1189-FIX Zetafax server intermittently disables the email gateway for no apparent reason
- ZTN1193-PRB Outlook reports Cant create file Fax1G3N
- ZTN1201-FIX Expired or revoked signature error with Office addins document
The problems mentioned above have been corrected with build 188.8.131.52 of Zetafax, which is available on request from your reseller, distributor or the Equisys technical support team.
For details of new features in this release please see \zfax\system\WHATSNEW.HTM (where ‘zfax’ is the name of the directory where the Zetafax server files reside).
Last updated: 20 August 2002 (AG/SV)