PRB: Zetafax Client installer does not recognize Outlook 2016
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax Client Applications v17
When installing the Zetafax Client Applications including the Zetafax Addin for Outlook the installer throws an error “A Microsoft Outlook installation was not detected on your machine.” as seen below.
This issue was caused by a check that Zetafax installer does when finding the installed version of Outlook. The Zetafax client installer released with Zetafax Version 17 does not support the newer versions of Outlook.
To workaround this Zetafax Client installer check you will need to make the following changes:
Registry Editor warning
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Equisys cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved.
- Find the following registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Outlook.Application\CurVer
- Change the value from Outlook.Application.16 to Outlook.Application.15;
- Run the Zetafax Client installer.
- Change the previously modified key to the previous value.
Equisys is aware of this issue and will update this technical note when a solution has been found.
Last updated: 5th October 2016 (JC)
Keywords: Outlook 2016, Zetafax Addin