INFO: What is new in Zetafax 2007 SP1
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax Server 2007 SP1
- Zetafax Client Applications 2007 SP1
This technote describes the new features and resolved issues in Zetafax 2007 SP1.
Zetafax 2007 SP1 provides a number of new features and resolves a large number of issues that have been reported in previous versions.
New features include:
- Windows Vista 64-bit support: the Zetafax Server and Zetafax Client Applications are now supported on 64- bit Windows Vista systems.
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 support: Zetafax is now supported on these systems.
- Outlook 2007 Integration - Annotation of Received faxes: the Outlook 2007 integration now offers users the ability to annotate received faxes.
- Exchange 2007 Installer: in the previous release, it was a manual process to configure the Exchange 2007 machine to work with Zetafax 2007. Service Pack 1 now provides an installer to do this.
- Client-side rendering support for Adobe Acrobat v8: the Client-side rendering functionality within the Zetafax Client now supports Adobe Acrobat version 8.0.
- Improved installation for the Failover systems, removing the need for manual configuration steps.
The major problems resolved in this release include:
- Brooktrout board (TR1034 and Trufax BRI) CSID information was not being picked up correctly by the Zetafax Server. The result was that the CSID routing information was missing from the fax.
- Inbound SMS routing was not functioning correctly.
- There was an incompatibility between the Zetafax Printer and CutePDF in a Terminal Server/Citrix environment resulting in the deletion of the Zetafax Printer port.
- If you tried sending a fax with a PDF attachment, the pdf file would not be sent. Only the coversheet would be sent.
- In FaxBroadcast, it was impossible to " Stop sending FAX job" after a previous STOP/RELEASE, because the button " Stop sending FAX job" stayed inactive.
- In Windows 2003, the Zetafax Printer was always offline on some systems.
- When you started the Zetafax Client, with autoenrolment turned on, the system offered to create an account twice when instead the login dialog should be displayed.
- When forwarding an existing message in the Zetafax Client, it only forwarded the subject line, not the body of the text.
- The ‘Don't ask me again' check box on the Zetafax Client login dialog box was not working.
- The Zetafax Client would crash intermittently on startup under specific circumstances.
- During installation of the Zetafax Client, the installation of the Microsoft Office development extensions (VSTO2005) would fail under some circumstances.
- When previewing a fax (Quick preview button on the Fax Addressing Wizard) , the Zetafax Client would fail to respond under specific circumstances.
- Pressing the ‘To...' button on the Compose Fax form in Outlook 2007 did nothing.
- Pressing the ‘Zetafax Options' button in Outlook 2007 displayed the options dialog but did not present correct information for coversheets and letterheads.
- The Preview Fax form in Outlook 2007 did not display the fax correctly.
- The Zetafax Outlook Addin options dialog was not populating the Coversheet and Letterhead boxes correctly.
- Embedded addressing %%Charge field was not working.
The problems mentioned above have been corrected with Zetafax version 2007 Service Pack 1. This is a free upgrade to customers with a version 2007 license and a purchasable upgrade for users with a previous version of Zetafax.
Some of these fixes have already been released vis the Zetafax update service.
Please contact Equisys Technical Support if you have any questions about installing or using this update.
Zetafax is distributed in many countries please refer to the Equisys website for details of your local supplier.
EQUISYS plc - UK
Phone: 020 7203 4000 (Intl +44 20 7203 4000)
Fax: 020 7203 4005 (Intl +44 20 7203 4005)
EQUISYS Inc - USA and Canada
Phone: (770) 772 7201
Fax: (770) 442 5789
ZTN1581 – FIX: Zetafax Exchange 2007 connector does not process faxes from an Exchange 2003 mailbox
ZTN1582 – FIX: French Configuration program help file contains English text
ZTN1586 – FIX: MailSendFormat always sends attachment as a TIFF
ZTN1589 – FIX: Brooktrout Update Utility installs the wrong version of the Brooktrout System Software
ZTN1593 - FIX: Stm32 process consumes 100% CPU resources
ZTN1596 - FIX: Zetafax Configuration program hangs when configuring telephone dialing properties
Last updated: 03rd October 2007 (ZM/GR)