FIX: "Failed to Search for Documents" or "Failed to Initialize SharePoint site" error when navigating to a page in NAV
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2010 and above
- Zetadocs for NAV v10.0 and above
- Systems without SSL2.0 in favour of a more recent protocol, such as TLS1.0, TLS1.1, TLS1.2
When navigating to a page or card in NAV it appears with an error either "Failed to Search for Documents." or "Failed to Initialize SharePoint site" as a pop up window.
This technote is also applicable if you see the following error in the ZetadocsArchiveAPI logs:
at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
Microsoft have started to disable SSL2.0 and other older security protocols for SharePoint Online. The default security protocol used by Zetadocs is SSL2.0, which cannot be used anymore after the Microsoft update.
There are few criteria that must be met for the technote to be applicable.
- Check version of NAV/Business Central. If you are on NAV 2009 R2 or earlier this technote does not apply. Please contact Equisys Support to discuss migrating your archive to an On Premise solution.
- Check version of Zetadocs Delivery & Capture. If you are running Zetadocs version 9 or earlier this technote does not apply. Please contact your reseller or Equisys Support for details on how to upgrade to a later version of Zetadocs which supports TLS.
- If you are on on NAV 2010 or later and running Zetadocs version 10 or later. Follow the referral link which will guide you on how to enable TLS with Zetadocs for NAV here.
This behaviour is handled by the resolutions detailed above.
Last updated: 20th April 2021 (NU/CR)
Keywords: TLS, SSL, Failed to Search, Failed to Initialize