INFO: Changes in Brooktrout driver version 6.7.0 update
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
The Brooktrout 6.7.0 driver update contains a number of fixes and enhancements including support for Windows Server 2012 R2. It is intended for use on Zetafax 2014 systems, which included version 6.6.0 of the Brooktrout drivers.
The update is required for any Zetafax Server installed on Windows Server 2012 R2, and configured with Brooktrout fax board or the Zetafax FoIP Connector (SR140 Edition).
The update is recommended for other Zetafax 2014 systems configured with Brooktrout fax board or the Zetafax FoIP Connector (SR140 Edition).
This document details the changes in the release
Please note that for Trufax full length boards installed on Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2, ZTN2068 must be followed.
The release includes the following changes:
Support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- The Brooktrout drivers have now been certified by Dialogic for use on Windows Server 2012 R2, including use with Brooktrout fax boards and Brooktrout SR140 software (as used by the SR140 Edition of the Zetafax FoIP Connector).
User Programmable T2 Timer
- A user programmable T2 Timer. This feature allows a user to configure a longer wait time for network messages between the fax gateway and the Zetafax Server, to better handle IP and PSTN network delays. This setting is available in the Brooktrout Configuration Utility.
Improved G.711 Performance – SR140
- When using G.711 for faxing in deployments with network impairments, performance has been improved. The jitter buffer for G.711 RTP is configurable from the Brooktrout Configuration Utility to allow for fine tuning in affected networks
Fixes to the following issues:
- When using automatic activation with the SR140 license manager, an error dialog “Brooktrout License Manager has stopped working” is displayed.
- If a hosts file is not present in the Windows machine containing the Brooktrout driver installation, Zetafax Server is unable to start the Brooktrout device controllers. This was due to the Boston Host Service not starting up in a correct state.
ZTN1744 HOWTO: Upgrade to the latest Brooktrout Drivers.
ZTN2068FIX: Dialogic Trufax full length boards do not work with Windows Server 2012 and later
Last updated: 15th September 2014 (SB/NT/JV)
Keywords: Brooktrout SR140 Server 2012 R2