INFO: Changes in Brooktrout driver version 6.12.0 update
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
The Brooktrout 6.12.0 driver update contains a number of fixes and enhancements. It is intended for use on Zetafax version 17.5 systems.
The release includes the following changes since version 6.8.2 of the Brooktrout driver which was included in the initial release of Zetafax version 17.5.
- Use of Microsoft Universal C Runtime (CRT)
- Support for RFC 2833
- Added support for the SR140 to detect RFC 2833 DTMF Digits. Additionally, for compatibility with certain SIP devices, support was also added to allow advertising the ability to send RFC 2833 digits although the digits themselves will not be sent.
- RTP Port in Use
- Added support for the SR140 automatically to use another RTP port if the originally selected port is already in use by another service.
- Support for Windows 2019 Server
- The software includes full supports for Windows Server 2019.
To install the update, extract the files to a temporary folder then follow the instructions in the extracted ReadMe file.
Last updated: 13 March 2020 (GW)
Keywords: Brooktrout SR140 PCI Express