HOWTO: Install Brooktrout SR140 Software with Zetafax 2008
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
This technical note details the process of installing the Brooktrout SR140 (FoIP) software to work with a Zetafax 2008 system, users with later versions of Zetafax do not need this update.
To Install the Brooktrout SR140 Fax software into your Zetafax System simply perform the following:
- Download the patch required, if you do not already have a copy it is available here.
- Unzip the SR140Package.zip.
- Copy the files, using Select All from within the package Server folder, to C:\Program Files\Zetafax Server\SERVER\ (or wherever the Zetafax server has been installed) – use the Replace Yes to All option.
- Delete the old Boston folder in C:\Program Files\Zetafax Server\SERVER\
- Copy the new Boston folder from the package intoC:\Program Files\Zetafax Server\SERVER\
Note: If you have not installed a previous version of the Brooktrout drivers on your machine please advance to step 11.
- Backup the callctrl.cfg and btcall.cfg files located at C:\Program Files\Brooktrout\config\ (or wherever you have installed the Brooktrout drivers).
- Uninstall the old Brooktrout System Software driver by going to the control panel and using add/remove programs.
- Install new Brooktrout driver by going to the folder C:\Program Files\Zetafax Server\SERVER\Boston\ and running boston.msi
- Run the Brooktrout Configuration Tool (Start, All Programs), you can choose new settings or save the default settings.
- Replace the new callctrl.cfg and btcall.cfg files, created during the installation, with the old callctrl.cfg and btcall.cfg files you saved in step 6.
- Run Zetafax Configuration then select License and Registration from the console root.
- Select Actions -> Modify /upgrade license details from the menu to display the Licence and Registration Wizard. Click the Add button, enter the Zetafax SR140 add-on licence (eg “U1234567-SR140-ABCDEF”), then click OK to return to the licence wizard. Continue through the wizard screens to register the new licence details.
- You can now add and configure the SR140 fax devices. Returning to the Zetafax Configuration main window, select Devices then choose Actions > Add to display the Device Configuration Wizard. Choose Other device, then Brooktrout fax device, then SR140, then follow the on screen instructions. Further details can be found in the online help.
ZTN1602 HOWTO: Install, configure and troubleshoot Brooktrout TRxStream boards
ZTN1395 HOWTO: Install and configure Brooktrout TR1034 and TruFax intelligent fax boards.
Last updated: 16th May 2013 (MR/MW/GW/MW)