Zetadocs Expenses: Which edition is right for you?
Discover the Express, Essentials and Plus editions
Following the most recent software update, as posted about here, we are pleased to say that all three editions of Zetadocs Expenses (Express, Essentials and Plus) are now available to be used with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central online.
Each Zetadocs Expenses edition offers your business an end-to-end expense management solution, with a range of features to benefit both your finance teams and employees. Finance teams will benefit from significant time savings by dispensing with spread sheets and paper for managing employees’ expenses. Employees will benefit from being able to submit their expenses in a more efficient and convenient way.
So, what are the different editions of Zetadocs Expenses and which is the right one for your business?
A core expense management solution for use by up to 25 users – at no software cost. A limited but powerful set of features is included, with a simple setup process - that enables you to reap the benefits quickly. These include:
- Fast, reimbursable expenses: As soon as you incur an expense (cash or mileage), enter it in the Zetadocs Expenses phone app along with a picture of the receipt and submit. This helps employees to get paid quicker and reduces the hours spent each month end compiling a written report and trawling through paper receipts.
- Approval on the go: Managers can approve expense reports using the app on their phone or at their desk using their browser, allowing them to sign off expense reports while on the go. Managers can also receive prompts when an employee’s expense report is awaiting approval, which further facilitates rapid reimbursement.
- Total visibility: Finance teams have visibility of each stage of an expense report. This helps identify where any possible errors occur and allows them to chase the appropriate people to ensure the monthly pay run is met on time.
- Export to Business Central: Finance teams can export approved expense reports to Business Central. No rekeying is required as expenses are recorded as purchase invoices or journals, with vendor, GL, dimension and tax codes already set.
A comprehensive expense management solution that includes all the core features of the Express edition plus many others – all of which enable an enhanced expense management processes by providing you with a higher level of automation, control and reporting insights. These include:
- Credit card reconciliation: Export matched company credit card payments to save your finance team rekeying each statement line separately into Business Central.
- Automatic export: Once approved, all expenses can be automatically exported into Business Central.
- Business rules: Set departmental approvers and limit certain expense types and vehicles to specific groups or individual users.
- Policy enforcement: Companies can set limits on spending depending on the type of expense, helping to keep spending under control.
- Company cars: Monthly vehicle reports separate monthly personal mileage from business trips in company cars, recharging for private use with a company fuel card or reimbursing for business mileage, based on fuel rates.
- Reporting: The Zetadocs Expenses Reporting Template makes it easy for you to visualize your travel and expenses spend and spot trends using PowerBI.
- Spend management: Use the reporting feed with Microsoft Excel to help you slice and dice your expense data to control spend and improve budgeting.
A customizable expense management solution that includes all the features of the Essentials edition, with the added flexibility to support any specific business requirements that you may have around the process of exporting approved expense reports into Business Central.
- Customized Export: When approved expenses are exported into Business Central, by creating a purchase invoice and/or journal entry, it is possible to customize this process to alter the content and/or format that Business Central fields are populated with – at a record or line level.
It is also possible to add custom processing steps to be run before and/or after the creation of a purchase invoice or journal entry, according to your specific business needs.
The use of the customized export feature requires some custom code to be written within a Business Central extension, which would typically be carried out by your Dynamics partner.
Want to find out more?
Please browse the Zetadocs Expenses section of our website to discover more about these different editions and watch demonstration videos.
If you would like to discuss your requirements in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly or speak to your Dynamics partner.