PRB: Zetafax Server does not retry failed faxes when using a CAPI device
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
This issue has been observed on systems where the Zetafax Server is connected to a CAPI physical device.
When the option ‘retry if voice answered call’ is disabled from the Queuing and Retry Parameters and a fax is sent to a voice line, the Zetafax Server will fail the fax as expected. However, if the following fax message is sent to a fax line and fails due to for example a busy line, the Zetafax Server will log out ‘Error – Not a fax machine’ and fail the fax. As opposed to the expected behaviour of putting the fax into the retry queue for later transmission attempts.
This was caused by an error in the initialisation of the CAPI physical device when starting the Zetafax Server.
A hotfix is available to resolve this issue, please follow the steps below to install this hotfix on your Zetafax Server:
- Contact Equisys technical support and request the hotfix quoting technote number ZTN1858.
- Shut down the Zetafax Server.
- Browse to the following location, depending on the machine architecture:
C:\Program Files\Zetafax Server\SERVER\
for 64 bit machines :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zetafax Server\SERVER\
- Rename the file DEVCAPI.EXE to DEVCAPI_backup.exe.
- Paste in this directory the file named DEVCAPI.EXE from the hotfix folder.
- Restart the Zetafax Server.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 12th July 2011 (SD/NT/MW)
Keywords: Zetafax Server CAPI device failure retry