PRB: Unable to send fax with letterhead after upgrade to Zetafax 9.1, Conversion failed (error 0xF207)
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
After an upgrade to Zetafax 9.1, occasionally users are unable to send faxes with existing letterheads, recreating new letterhead files fails to resolve this error.
This issue can be observed in the Zetafax Server monitor:
05-07-27 18:24:40 SYSMAN - (I) - QUEUEMAN SEND request TESTING:~SEND004.CTL
05-07-27 18:24:40 QUEUEMAN - (I) - Queued new message TESTING:~SEND004
05-07-27 18:24:40 QUEUEMAN - (I) - Converting message TESTING:~SEND004
05-07-27 18:24:40 EPSTIFF - (I) - Converting TESTING: ~SEND004 (Addr 1), G3F -> G3N
05-07-27 18:24:41 EPSTIFF - (E) - Letterhead file LETTHEAD not found
05-07-27 18:24:41 EPSTIFF - (I) - Conversion failed (error 0xF207)
05-07-27 18:24:41 QUEUEMAN - (E) - Error converting message (0xF207)
05-07-27 18:24:41 QUEUEMAN - (I) - Completed message TESTING:~SEND004 (1 failure)
If an older version of the EPSTIFF module is installed, it is unable to convert a combination of G3F and G3N fax files.
In the example above, the LETTHEAD file is in the G3F format, while the other files included in the same fax are in G3N. This prevents the EPSTIFF module creating the fax message.
To fix this issue on affected systems you will need to download the following patch:
Work though the following steps:
- Stop the Zetafax Server.
- Logon to the Zetafax Server and browse to the Zfax\SERVER\ where Zfax is the installation folder of the Zetafax server files.
- Rename EPSTIFF.EXE to EPSTIFF.OLD.
- Download the Epstiff301.exe file to the above folder and rename to EPSTIFF.EXE.
- Verify that the version number of epstiff.exe in the SERVER folder is now build 9.0.301.
- Restart the Zetafax Server
To prevent future issues, you should also make the following change on all users of Zetafax 9.1 server.
On the Zetafax workstations
- Open Control Panel and then open Printers and Faxes.
- Find the Zetafax Printer.
- Right Click and select Printing Preferences.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Set the Resolution reported to Windows NT to True 200x200 DPI (For Office 97).
Accept the changes and close the dialog.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 29 July 2005 (MS/EB/SV)
Keywords: EPSTIFF, Conversion failed, 0xF207, Letterhead