PRB: 'The Report Layout does not exist' error shown after upgrade to Business Central 2023 Wave 2
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Business Central 2023 Wave 2 (BC23) - after upgrading from a lower version
- Zetadocs - AP automation and bulk emailing - all versions
When sending via Zetadocs an error message stating "The Report Layout does not exist" will be displayed.
This only applies when upgrading to Business Central 2023 Wave 2 from an earlier version.
Upgrading to Business Central 2023 Wave 2 changed the way the Custom Report Layouts are stored and used for sending and so existing configurations are incompatible with the new Business Central version.
The workaround for this is to go through and clear the old Email Layout Code from the Report Selection and populate a Email Layout Name instead.
1. Go to the relevant Report Selection page for your record, Report Selection - Sales or Report Selection - Purchase, and filter the Usage so the right report is displayed.
2. Personalise the page so that the Email Body Custom Layout Code field is shown.
3. Delete what is in the Email Body Custom Layout Code field.
4. In the Email Body Layout Name field select the layout you want to use the for the email body.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for all affected reports.
This issue is caused by a third party component we will update this technote when a solution to this issue becomes available.
Last updated: 11th December 2023 (MP)
Keywords: Delivery, PDF, Generation, Custom Report Layouts