HOWTO: Uninstall Zetafax Client Applications in a Terminal Services environment
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax v2008 to Zetafax v2010 with Office 2007.
- Zetafax v2011 and later
This technical note describes how to uninstall the Zetafax Client Applications on a Terminal Server.
To uninstall the Zetafax Client Applications, you should do the following:
- Ensure that all client sessions are logged off.
- Close any currently open Office applications.
- Bring up the Control Panel.
- Go to Add/Remove programs.
- Remove the Zetafax Client Applications.
- When the uninstall completes, download the following file if you installed any Outlook or Office extensions:
- Extract this archive to a location you can easily access.
Please Note: The steps below are required only for systems running Zetafax v2008 to v2010 with the Outlook Extensions installed on Outlook 2007.
- If you installed the Zetafax Outlook Extensions , open the following registry key:
For Outlook 2007: < PathToExtractedArchive> \Office 2007\Outlook2007.reg
Please Note: To verify your system architecture, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer then Properties and verify the value displayed in “System Type” in the “System” section.
- If you installed the Zetafax Office Extensions, open the following registry key depending on the version of Office:
For Office 2007: < PathToExtractedArchive> \Office 2007\Office2007.reg
These registry keys tell Microsoft Office to cease replicating any Zetafax-specific Office Integration registry settings to Terminal Server clients.
WARNING: Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Equisys cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved.
- When satisfied with your changes double-click on the file(s) to enter the information into the registry.
- Open an Office Application – the addin should no longer be available.
Last updated: 21st August 2013 (SD/MW/NT)