HOWTO: Apply a cross grade licence after updating to Exchange 2000
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
This document details how to add a cross grade licence to Zetafax 7.5 after upgrading Microsoft Exchange from 5.5 to 2000.
The Zetafax 7.5 connector for Exchange 2000 is licensed separately from the other supported mail systems including Exchange 5.5. If you where running Exchange 5.5 when you purchased Zetafax 7.5 and are now planning to upgrade to Exchange 2000, you will need to add a cross grade licence once you have installed the Exchange 2000 connector.
- Stop the Zetafax service.
- Launch the Zetafax configuration program, browse to Licensing and Registration, choose 'Modify/upgrade license details' on the 'Action' menu to launch the 'Modify license details' dialog.
- Click 'Install add-on' and enter the cross grade licence you purchased and click 'OK'.
- Continue clicking 'Next' confirming your previously inputted details and click 'Finish' to close.
Note: This cross grade licence only supports Exchange 2000, all other gateways must be uninstalled before adding the cross grade licence to the system. To achieve this follow the instructions below:
- Stop the Zetafax service.
- Launch the Zetafax configuration program, browse to Server Settings> Mail Gateway and select 'Add Mail'.
- Select each mail gateway other than Microsoft Exchange 5.5 in the 'Installed Drivers' box of the 'E-Mail Gateway Services Configuration' dialog and click on the 'Delete' button.
- Click 'OK' to close. If you also deleted the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 gateway you will need to add it again to be able to close this dialog.
What happens if I forgot to uninstall the mail gateways other than Exchange?
If a cross grade licence was added without uninstalling or disabling the mail gateways other than Microsoft Exchange, these gateways will carry on processing any corresponding messages. Deleting zfax\MAIL\DATA\SERVMAIL.DAT, where 'zfax' is the name of the directory where Zetafax is installed, would disable any installed mail gateways, including the Microsoft Exchange 2000 gateway. You will then need to follow the instructions above to add the Microsoft Exchange 2000 gateway again.
Mail stops being processed and the Zetafax server reports 'You are not licensed to run this version of the Exchange connector'?
You have installed the Exchange 2000 connector but not yet added the cross grade licence. The Zetafax mail gateway checks the version of the connector at frequent intervals and disables itself if it finds a version it is not licensed for. Apply the cross grade licence following the instructions above and then re-enable the Exchange 2000 gateway using the Zetafax configuration program.
Last updated: 22 October 2001 (EG/DH)