PRB: 'This page has exceeded its data fetch limit for connected Web Parts' error after installing the Zetadocs for NAV SharePoint site template.
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- The Zetadocs for NAV SharePoint site template
On navigating to the Zetadocs site home page, a web part on the page reports the following error:
‘Web Part Error: This page has exceeded its data fetch limit for connected Web Parts. Try disconnecting one or more Web Parts to correct the problem.’
The Site Template was created using a different version of MOSS to the version you have installed. The most common scenario is that you do not have WSS SP1 and MOSS SP1 installed.
This results in two web parts on the affected page(s) losing their connection to each other.
The recommended solution to this problem is to recreate the connection between the two affected web parts on each page that exhibits the problem. To do this, please perform the following steps for each affected page on your Zetadocs site, e.g. default.aspx, today.aspx, week.aspx, month.aspx and year.aspx.
- Click on Site Actions --> Edit Page.
- Locate the Query String (URL) Filter web part on the page.
- Click on its edit drop-down menu.
- Select Connections --> Send Filter Values To --> < name of web part> , e.g. Summary – all dates.
- From the dialog now displayed, select Content Type from the Consumer Field Name drop-down and then click Finish.
- Click Exit Edit Mode and proceed to edit the next page.
Alternatively, you may wish to install WSS SP1 followed by MOSS SP1 (note that on a MOSS system you must apply BOTH service packs). To do this, you should perform the steps outlined below.
WARNING: Please note that in some cases, applying MOSS SP1 to your system may result in the search facility ceasing to function correctly.
To install the service packs, log on locally to the SharePoint machine as a SharePoint Administrator and do the following:
Download WSS SP1 from the following location and run the installer following Microsoft guidelines and on-screen instructions:
- Through the SharePoint UI, delete the Zetadocs site. Please contact technical support if your Zetadocs archive already contains data that you wish to preserve.
- Uninstall the Zetadocs for NAV site template:
- Browse to < program files> \Zetadocs SharePoint Extensions\Site Templates\12\Zetadocs for NAV
- Run uninstall.bat
- Download MOSS SP1 from the following location and run the installer following Microsoft guidelines and on-screen instructions:
- Reinstall the site template and re-create the Zetadocs site. The instructions on how to do this are detailed in the Zetadocs for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Installation Guide.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 15th August 2008 (GR/MW)