HOWTO Perform an upgrade from NAV 2009R2 with Zetadocs Express to NAV 2013
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
This technote explains how to perform an upgrade from NAV 2009 with Zetadocs Express installed to NAV 2013 with the Zetadocs Express Platform Feature Pack.
Before upgrading your NAV system the current Zetadocs Express configuration must be backed up. Follow the steps below to export the Zetadocs settings prior to performing the upgrade:
- Open the NAV Classic Client and log on to the database.
- Open the object designer and select the Zetadocs General Settings Form (9041209).
- Click Run and then select Functions > Export configuration data to save the configuration data to an XML file.
Upgrading your NAV System
After these steps, you can perform the NAV 2009 to NAV 2013 upgrade procedure as specified by Microsoft here.
Upgrading your Zetadocs Components
After upgrading your NAV system you will need to update the components shown below which will upgrade your system to Zetadocs Express with the Platform Feature Pack specification.
- Zetadocs Express Client
- Zetadocs for NAV Objects
- Installing New Zetadocs Express Components
Zetadocs Express Client
To update the Zetadocs Express client you first need to uninstall it from your machine.
Uninstalling Client Components
- Open Add/Remove programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista and later) or other uninstallation utility relevant to the environment you are operating in.
- Select Zetadocs Express from the list and then Uninstall.
Installing the updated Zetadocs Express Client
- Install the Zetadocs Express NAV Client appropriate to your Operating System as per the instructions in the install guide.
Zetadocs for NAV Objects
You are now ready to import the updated objects from the Platform Feature Pack into your database. From within NAV, import the Zetadocs Express Objects – NAV7.00W1.fob file from your product download. You will be prompted to open the Import Worksheet – click yes to import all objects.
Installing New Zetadocs Express Components
Having completed upgrading your existing components you need to add several other components, such as the revised page interfaces which are required for NAV 2013. The following items should be installed as per the instructions in the installation guide.
- Page Interfaces
- Report Modifications
- Import the configuration file (using the file we exported earlier)
These modifications can either be imported using the sample fob files in the software download, manually modified as per the instructions in the install guide, or automatically modified using the Zetadocs Express Report and Interface tools.
Last updated: 28th January 2013 (MW)