HOWTO: Installing a failover system with the standard FOIP connector
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
There are some additional steps required to set up a failover system with a standard FOIP device on top of the standard Zetafax failover installation instructions. This technote will describe the additional steps.
Before configuring the primary server, Copy the Foipman folder located at C:\Program Files\Zetafax Server\Server on your local PC, to the Zetafax_shared_files\Server folder on the shared file system. This will allow the configuration of the local FOIP device settings.
There may also be a prompt to configure the local firewall to allow the FOIPMAN.EXE process.
When configuring the backup server, the following steps should be taken when adding the FOIP device:
- Add the device as usual but do not configure the IP settings.
- Browse to the Zetafax_shared_files\System\Z-DB folder and open the SETUP.INI file for editing.
- Browse to the [FOIPMAN] section in the file and add the following lines:
- LocalIPAddressAlt: < Local machine name> < IP address >
- LocalSIPPortAlt: < Local machine name> < SIP port >
(Where < local machine name> is the machine name of the backup server, < IP address> is the IP of the backup server, and < SIP Port> is the SIP port assigned to the backup server, typically this is 5060)
Zetafax User guide – Installing a failover system
Last updated: 31st May 2010 (NT/MW)