HOWTO: Enable error logging in Zetadocs PDF
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Zetadocs PDF Version 3 and later
This technote shows you how to enable error reporting on your installation of Zetadocs PDF. This will produce a detailed report of what problems you are experienced and can be used by both you and the technical support team to help resolve your issue.
- Open your Zetadocs PDF Client.
- Click Tools and choose Options and then Diagnostics.
- Tick the Log to Log file and Log to Application Event Log radio buttons.
- For more detailed information, you can choose between the various levels, with debug being the highest level of information gathered.
- Click OK
- Restart the Zetadocs PDF client.
- Repeat the process that was causing issues initially.
The program will automatically create a log of each incorrect action performed in Zetadocs PDF. The Zetadocs PDF.log is stored in c:\Documents and settings\< username> \local settings\application data\equisys\Zetadocs PDF. This file can now be viewed or sent to technical support.
Install log files are the following
They are located here: C:\Documents and Settings\< username> \Local Settings\Temp
If you have installation issues these files can be viewed or sent to technical support
Zetadocs Outlook Addin logging
If you experience an issue when running the Outlook Addin these are the logs to gather
ZetadocsPDF.log located here c:\Documents and Settings\< username> \local settings\application data\equisys\Zetadocs PDF
Log.txt located here C:\Program Files\Equisys plc\Zetadocs PDF Outlook Addin
If you have running issues these files can be viewed or sent to technical support
Keywords < logging> < Zetadocs PDF> < Outlook addin>
Date published: 30 June 2006 (LD/EB)