HOWTO: Deploy Zetadocs Express and Microsoft Dynamics NAV with ClickOnce
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
This technote will guide you through the process of setting up a ClickOnce deployment of Zetadocs Express.
To deploy Zetadocs Express with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 or later you need to follow the steps below:
Step 1: Installing Zetadocs Express
- Copy the Zetadocs Express installation package to the NAV Server. Install Zetadocs Express following the installation guide that can be found in Zetadocs Express for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Copy the Zetadocs Capture Add-in Folder typically located in the NAV Add-ins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\xx\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins) to the NAV deployment location (C:\inetpub\\Deployment\ApplicationFiles). Replace with the name of your NAV deployment.
- Go to the assemblies folder by opening Run and enter C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL
- Find the folder Microsoft.SharePoint.Client and copy the Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.dll found inside to the NAV deployment location typically C:\inetpub\\Deployment\ApplicationFiles
- In the assemblies folder find the folder Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime and copy the Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime.dll to the NAV deployment location.
- In the assemblies folder find the Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime.Resources folder and copy the Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime.Resources.DLL found inside to the NAV deployment location.
For Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 you will need to execute the following additional steps:
- Remote desktop to the NAV server
- Backup your deployment folder (e.g. C:\inetpub\) to a different location.
- Navigate to the location of your Dynamics NAV deployment. E.g. C:\inetpub\\Deployment\ApplicationFiles
- Delete the following files:
- Navigate to your Dynamics NAV RTC installation folder typically in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\xx\RoleTailored Client and copy the following files:
- Paste the files into the folder C:\inetpub\\Deployment\ApplicationFiles
- Rename the file Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.x86.exe to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe
- Rename the file Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.x86.exe.config to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.config
Step 2: Update the Deployment manifest
Before starting the following steps make sure you have the following tools on the NAV Server:
- mage.exe (This is part of the default ClickOnce scripts provided by Microsoft)
Follow the steps below to update the deployment manifest:
- Start by opening mageUI.exe.
- Go to File -> Open and select the file Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest.
- Go to the Name tab and in the Advanced section change the Processor to x86:
- Go to the Files tab and click Populate.
- Save the manifest and if a warning shows select ‘Yes’ to continue.
- A prompt to sign the manifest should appear. Select a certificate file and click OK to sign the manifest and close the dialog.
- Close mageUI.exe.
- Open the manifest file with Notepad or similar.
- Find the line
- Replace “X86” with “x86”.
- Save the file and close Notepad.
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator and change directory to your ClickOnce deployment Application Files folder (C:\inetpub\\Deployment\ApplicationFiles\)
- Run the following command (replace certFile.pfx with your certificate and password with its password):
- mage.exe -Sign Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest -CertFile certFile.pfx -Password password
- Open mageUI.exe again and open the .application file "C:\inetpub\\Deployment\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.application"
- Go to the Name tab and in the advanced section change the Processor to x86.
- Go to the Application Reference tab and click the Select Manifest button and select the manifest file changed previously.
- Save and Sign the application file.
- In order to test the deployment go to the URL of the deployment and open a page that has been modified to have the Zetadocs FactBox. Check that the FactBox can open without errors and test that a document can be saved using the FactB\ox.
Zetadocs Express for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Installation Guide.pdf
Using Certificates to Secure a Remote Client Connection
Last updated: 22nd October 2015 (JC)
Keywords: ClickOnce, NAV, Dynamics, ZDX, Capture Addin, Drag and Drop