FIX: Archiving from Zetadocs for GP to SharePoint fails when using a Company Name that contains a comma
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Zetadocs for GP 220.127.116.11 and lower.
With Zetadocs for GP set up to archive to SharePoint and using the company name as the archive folder naming option, printing an item with a company name that contains a comma will fail whilst archiving during the Send from the Zetadocs PDF Client.
This is due to the fact that originally Zetadocs for GP was not designed to cope with commas in the company name field.
A hotfix is available which will resolve this issue on Zetadocs for GP version 2.5, those with other versions should contact Equisys technical support for further details:
1. Contact Equisys technical support and request the hotfix quoting technote number ZTN4126
2. Close Dynamics GP as well as the Zetadocs PDF Client.
3. Perform an upgrade of the Zetadocs PDF Client by launching the installer of the Zetadocs PDF Client from the hotfix.
For Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 users:
4. Click on Start > Run > regedit.exe. This will open the registry editor.
5. Browse to the following location:
Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Fusion
6. Select Fusion.
7. Add a new binary value by clicking Edit > New > Binary Value named “DisableCacheViewer”
8. Right click on “DisableCacheViewer” > Modify
9. Enter 1 (Any non-zero value will also do).
Backing up existing files:
10. Open a new explorer window and browse to the following location :
11. Locate the folder named “Zetadocs.GP.Library.10” or “Zetadocs.GP.Library.2010”
12. Make a copy of this folder that can be saved into your Zetadocs for GP installation folder:
C:\Program Files\Zetadocs for GP
or for 64 bit machines:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zetadocs for GP
Copying the new file:
13. Browse to the following location :
depending on the version of Zetadocs for GP installed.
14. Replace the existing “Zetadocs.GP.Library.2010.dll” or “Zetadocs.GP.Library.2010.dll” file with the one located in the hotfix folder.
For Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7 users:
15. You can switch the Windows Explorer view of the GAC assembly back to the default view by following steps 3 to 8 and enter a zero value instead in step 9.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 13th July 2011 (SD/MW)
Keywords: Zetadocs for GP SharePoint Company Name comma