FIX: Update Service does not recognise Zetafax.
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
When users of Zetafax select the Check for Updates... option they are presented with the window shown below which states “The update service does not recognise this product”.
Equisys no longer uses the Updates Service to distribute our product updates. The update service has been withdrawn and replaced with a service hosted on our website at http://www.equisys.com/support/Updates.aspx. Zetafax 2009 will automatically reference this site however customers using previous versions of Zetafax will need to deactivate Automatic Updates.
Customers using Zetafax 2006, 2007 and 2008 will need to take the following actions:
- Deactivate the automatic updates service.
- Use the updates page to gain access to future product downloads.
Deactivating the Automatic Updates Service
To prevent your current version of Zetafax continuing to check for updates from the update service simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Zetafax Server and select the Help menu option.
- Ensure the Automatic Update Checking option is deselected.
Using the updates page to access product downloads
Customers with Software Assurance are entitled to software updates (services packs or hotfixes) and can download them via our updates page. New downloads will be detailed in the monthly Software Assurance Newsletter which will also issue you with your username and password to access them. Should any urgent or critical updates be released Equisys will email customers with Software Assurance all the necessary details to obtain it immediately.
- To check for updates for your Zetafax system simply:
- Open a suitable web browser and go to http://www.equisys.com/support/updates.aspx.
- Review the list of updates for your product version and determine whether your system requires any.
- Select the download option for the update you require.
- You will be asked to enter your username and password (provided in your monthly newsletter).
- Download the update and follow the instructions included with it to update your system.
For information on getting the username and password details for existing Software Assurance customers contact Equisys at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details on getting Software Assurance for your system please contact your reseller or Equisys directly at email@example.com.
Last updated: 25th October 2012 (MW/PS/MW)