INFO: Changes in Brooktrout driver version 6.2.8 update
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
The Brooktrout 6.2.8 driver update contains a number of bug fixes and enhancements. This is a recommended update for all users of Zetafax 2010 using Brooktrout fax boards or the Zetafax FoIP Connector (SR140 Edition).
Various updates are available since the release of Zetafax 2010. They are as follows:
- Add interoperability support for Cisco gateway's V.34 T.38 fax.
- Fixed issue whereby under rare circumstances, if a FoIP gateway issues a SIP re-invite to T.38 after the SR140 has already issued a re-invite to T.38, the SR140 is unable to accept further INVITEs during a call.
- Fixed issue with some invalid message codes being reported when using H.323.
- Fixed a memory leak related to SIP registration on SR140.
- Fixed a memory leak for hardware based devices on line reset.
- Enhanced RTP handling to allow gateway initiated timestamp restarts, which can be triggered on some gateways by events such as fax tone detection. Prior to this change, a timestamp restart would cause the call to be dropped.
- US Robotics fax systems were taking too long to establish connections, so the transmission wait time has been extended to 5 seconds from 3 seconds.
- Improved handling of FCS messages.
- Fixed an issue with SR140 continually trying to perform a SIP REGISTER when a previous attempt had resulted in a ‘401 Unauthorized’ error.
- Fixed an issue of the device controller freezing or not timing out properly when a T.38 INVITE is rejected or times out.
- Under certain conditions, TR1034 channels periodically stop working on BRI lines in Italy and require a firmware reload to restore. This has been corrected.
- Improved support for SR140 with Broadvox and Mitel.
ZTN1752-HOWTO Upgrade your SR140 installation to the latest drivers
ZTN1744-HOWTO Upgrade to the latest Brooktrout SDK
Last updated: 21st December 2010 (NT/MW)