HOWTO: Setup Multitech MT5656ZDX with Zetafax
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax 2007
- Multitech MT5656ZDX tested with Firmware Version ACF3_V2.000E-V90_P21_FSH
The MT5656ZDX is a modem which can be used for the sending and receiving of faxes. This guide is designed to help you install and configure the MT5656ZDX to work with Zetafax.
The installation procedure can be broken down into 2 parts
- Adding the Multitech MT5656ZDX within the Zetafax Configuration Console
- Modifying the Setup.ini
Configuring Zetafax Server with the Multitech MT5656ZDX
- Launch the Zetafax Configuration program. The Zetafax Configuration program will launch in a console window.
- Setting up the Multitech MT5656ZDX
a) Select Devices
b) In the right hand side pane right-click and select "Add".
c) Click Next
d) Select "Fax Modem (Class 1 or 2)" and click "Add"
e) Choose "Not in list" and "Next"
f) Enter a description for the modem and select a COM port. If you would like to receive incoming faxes please use the drop down menu under "Receiving" to select a User or Group. Click "Next
g) Click "Next" again and then click "Finish"
h) Close the Zetafax Configuration program.
Note: Please do not install the drivers from the CD provided with the modem as these are not required.
Modifying the Setup.ini file
- Browse to zfax\system\z-db\setup.ini
- Open SETUP.INI in Notepad
- Scroll to the [FCLASS-X] section (Where X denotes the Modem number)
- At the bottom of this section, press enter and type in the following line: VoiceCommands: OFF
- Click File and Save
Note: You must restart the Zetafax Server after modifying the setup.ini file.
PRB: Modem trouble shooting guide for Zetafax.
INFO: Modem hang-up status codes for class 2.0 fax
Last updated: 11th April 07 (IN/PJ)