FIX "You must run the Zetafax client program (ZETAFAX.EXE) to address the fax" error printing to Zetafax printer
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
When printing documents from an application to the Zetafax printer, if the Zetafax client is not running you will be presented with the following message:
You must run the Zetafax client program (ZETAFAX.EXE) to address the fax
When you click OK the Zetafax client is started and the addressing dialog box appears as normal allowing you to address the fax.
Note: This behaviour is by design if the Zetafax client is configured to "Prompt for username at startup".
This issue problem was introduced in the above version.
The update is available via the Zetafax Update Service. To check for updates simple click the "Check for Updates." shortcut under Start/Programs/Zetafax or by clicking the menu item "Check for Updates." in the help menu of the Zetafax Server application.
Alternatively this issue can be resolved by downloading an updated print controller patch and following the installation instructions contained in the update to apply it to affected systems.
Having downloaded the update, the patch needs to be distributed to all machines that have the Zetafax Client currently installed. By following the instructions below, this can be done centrally using Group Policy:
- Start up "Active Directory Users and Computers" on a system within your network (this is normally found on a Domain controller system and you need to login with Domain administrator privileges).
- Right click domain, and select properties then click on the Group Policy tab.
- Select "default domain policy" and click "edit".
- Browse to Computer configuration/Software Settings/Software installations.
- Right Click the Zetafax Client package, select All Tasks, and then Redeploy application.
- Confirm that you wish to redeploy the application everywhere it is installed by clicking the Yes button.
- The Zetafax client will now be installed when the client system has been rebooted.
This behaviour was corrected in the above update.
ZTN1336 HOWTO: How to install the Zetafax client using group policy
Last updated 07 November 2005 (LD/EB)
Date published 17 March 2004 (BM/SV/EB)
Keywords: < Printer> < Client> < Addressing>