PRB: Zetafax Connector logs error "Unable to update connector blob"
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax 7.00.0.26 Exchange connector and later
New coversheets you have added, do not appear on the Zetafax Options tab on the Site properties dialog when viewed with the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program (ADMIN.EXE).
Viewing the Application Event log the following entry appears:
"**** Unable to update connector blob [C:\EXCHSRVR\CONNECT\ZETAFAX\USERLIST.INI] ****"
One of the functions of the Zetafax connector is to update the lists of coversheets, letterheads and mail user profile accounts that are stored within Microsoft Exchange. These lists are used by the Zetafax Site and Mailbox properties tabs, and also by the Outlook extensions when displaying available coversheets and letterheads.
On systems where the Exchange Server was originally installed using a specially created services account these lists may not be updated.
This problem occurs if the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program has not been run for the login used by the Exchange services and Zetafax connector, as the Exchange Administrator program adds registry entries to the Profile of the user running Exchange.
- Determine the user and Domain account for the Zetafax connector.
- Use the Services Manager in Control Panel to check the Startup setting of the service.
- The account will be in the form of Domain\user.
- Log onto the desktop of the Exchange Server as this will allow Windows to create a profile for this user.
- Run the Exchange Administrator console and chose 'Tools' and 'Options'.
- In the 'Auto Naming', 'Display name generation' change the option to a different setting and then change back again to make the 'Apply' button active.
- Click the 'Apply' button to add the registry key to the Exchange Service Account Profile.
- Restart the Zetafax Connector Service.
Last updated: 18 January 2001 (JG/DH)