PRB: Zetadocs keeps asking for authentication for SharePoint Online after 30 minutes of successful authentication
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Zetadocs version 10 and later
- Zetadocs Capture with SharePoint Online as the Archiving method
- NAV 2016 or later (including all Business Central versions)
Users using Zetadocs functionality are prompted to authenticate with SharePoint Online after 30 minutes of usage.
Applications that connect to Microsoft 365 require permissions to the tenant to integrate into the environment. Zetadocs uses a service called ‘Zetadocs Authorisation service’ to connect to SharePoint online within your tenant which manages the authentication tokens to connect to SharePoint. As part of the first-time authentication to SharePoint via Zetadocs, this should be carried out by an Administrator who has permissions to grant this permission on behalf of your Microsoft 365 tenant.
However, if this is missed and users are now logging into the system and authenticating, they may experience intermittent issues, where the Authentication token expires after a period of time or they are always prompted for authentication each time they try to use the Zetadocs Capture factbox.
To get around this, an administrator for the Microsoft 365 tenant is required to grant admin consent for the application with the Azure Active directory. To do this follow the below steps:
- Log into the Azure Portal for the tenant
- Browse to Azure Active Directory
- Browse to Enterprise applications
- Within the list of Enterprise apps, find and open ‘Zetadocs Authorization Service’
- Under ‘Security’ select permissions
- Select ‘Grant admin consent on behalf of tenant’
For more information on the enterprise permissions for your tenants’ applications:
Last updated: 19th May 2021 (BB/CR)
Keywords: Sharepoint Online, Authentication, Business Central, Cloud, Token, Tenant, O365, Azure Active Directory, Authorisation Service, Grant permission on behalf of your organisation