PRB: Foreign Characters Not Rendering Correctly on the default Zetafax Coversheet
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
The text fields on the default coversheet do not render foreign characters correctly on some foreign language Windows systems (Hebrew, Greek and Polish). An example of this would be on Windows XP (Polish install) the name and company fields on the default coversheet do not display polish characters correctly on sent faxes.
This is due to the default coversheet that is installed with Zetafax being formatted with English OS fonts for all fields.
To resolve this problem you can download compatible versions of the default coversheets here:
- Save this file in your Z-COVER directory:
< Zfax> \System\Z-Cover
Where < zfax> is the location of your Zetafax server directory for example:
C:\Program Files\Zetafax Server\System\Z-Cover
For other languages, or other non compatible coversheets, you must edit the default coversheet fields to have the correct font type for your local language. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Coversheet Editor. (Start-> Programs-> Zetafax-> Coversheet Editor)
- Open the default cover sheet COVSHEET by clicking File-> Open and selecting COVSHEET on the displayed dialog
- For all text fields on the coversheet, right-click the field and click Font. from the popup menu
- On the dialog that is displayed select your localised script type from the drop down menu labelled Script
§ Repeat this for all text fields on the cover sheet
§ Save and close the coversheet editor
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 17/03/2006 (BM/EB/PJ)
Keywords: Coversheet Foreign Characters Rendering