This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Zetadocs Express on Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015
This technote will explain the steps required to retain the functionality of Zetadocs Express after an upgrade of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016.
If you are using Zetadocs Express version 7.0 or earlier and wish to upgrade to NAV 2016 then please follow the instructions on how to upgrade to the latest version of Zetadocs Express in ZTN4245 before following the instructions in this technote.
Once the version of Zetadocs Express is 7.1 or higher then follow the instructions in this technote. In the following instructions we detail the steps to take before and after the NAV upgrade.
Before NAV Upgrade
Backup Zetadocs Configuration:
Before upgrading your NAV system the current Zetadocs Express configuration must be backed up. Follow the steps below to export the Zetadocs settings prior to performing the upgrade.
1. Open the Zetadocs General Settings page.
2. Click on Actions -> Export Configuration Data to save the Zetadocs configuration data to an XML file.
Upgrading your NAV System
After these steps, you can perform the NAV 2015 to NAV 2016 upgrade procedure as specified by Microsoft here.
Note: On a 64-bit version of a Windows operating system, the 64-bit version of the NAV Windows client runs by default. The Zetadocs Windows client add-in is a 32-bit only component not supported by the 64-bit version of the NAV Windows client. In this case, you must run the 32-bit version of the NAV Windows client on 64-bit Windows. Please see the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Help topic "Running 32-Bit Microsoft Dynamics Windows Client on 64-Bit Windows" for options on how to run the 32-bit version of the NAV Windows client.
After NAV Upgrade
Upgrade the Zetadocs Express client addin:
1. Locate the client addin steup.exe in the Zetadocs Express Client folder of the Zetadocs Express installation folder (Zetadocs Express\Zetadocs Express Client\)
2. Run the installer and select the “Repair” installation option
Upgrade the Zetadocs Express NAV server objects:
1. Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 development environment
2. Import the Zetadocs Express NAV 2016 objects from the Zetadocs Express installation folder (Zetadocs Express\Zetadocs Express Objects - NAV9.00.fob)
3. An Operational Sync of the NAV objects may be required, if you are prompted to Sync Schema For All Tables then do so using the “With Validation…” option.
Upgrade the Zetadocs NAV Server Extensions:
1. Locate the setup.exe file for the Zetadocs NAV Server Extensions in the Zetadocs Express installation folder directory (Zetadocs Express\Zetadocs NAV Server Extensions)
2. Run the installer and select the “Repair” option
3. Restart the NAV service.
Import the configuration file:
- Open the Zetadocs General Settings page.
- Click on Actions -> Import Configuration Data.
3. Select the configuration file that was exported before the upgrade of the NAV server.
Restore page modifications:
Depending on the steps required to upgrade NAV then page modifications may no longer be present. Inspect the previously modified pages. If the required modifications are no longer present then remodify the desired pages using the Interface Modification Tool following the instruction in the Zetadocs Express installation guide.
The upgrade is now complete and can be verified by opening a modified page and inspecting the Zetadocs factbox for the correct documents.
ZTN4245 HOWTO: Upgrade to the latest version of Zetadocs Express.
Last updated: 22nd October 2015 (SB)
Keywords: Update ZDX Server Update