HOWTO: Perform an upgrade from NAV 2013 R2 with version 6.1 of Zetadocs for NAV to NAV 2015 with version 7.0 of Zetadocs for NAV
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Version 6.1 of Zetadocs for NAV with NAV 2013 R2
This technote explains how to perform an upgrade from NAV 2013 R2 with version 6.1 of Zetadocs for NAV installed to NAV 2015 with version 7.0 of Zetadocs for NAV.
Upgrading your Zetadocs Components
Before upgrading your NAV system you will need to update to version 7.0 of Zetadocs for NAV. The instructions for upgrading your Zetadocs for NAV system can be found here.
Backup Zetadocs Configuration
Before upgrading your NAV system the current Zetadocs for NAV configuration must be backed up. Follow the steps below to export the Zetadocs settings prior to performing the upgrade:
- Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows Client.
- Using the search box in the top right, search for and open the Zetadocs General Settings page.
- Click on Actions -> Export Configuration Data to save the Zetadocs configuration data to an XML file.
Upgrading your NAV System
After these steps, you can perform the NAV 2013 R2 to NAV 2015 upgrade procedure as specified by Microsoft here.
Installing New Zetadocs Components
Having completed upgrading your existing components you need to add several new components. The following items should be installed as per the instructions in the installation guide.
- Page Interfaces
- Report Modifications
- Import the configuration file (using the file we exported earlier)
These modifications should be performed manually as per the instructions in the install guide, or automatically modified using the Zetadocs NAV Report and Interface tools.
Zetadocs for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Installation Guide
Last updated: 30th October 2014 (WK/BM)