HOWTO: Perform an upgrade from NAV 2009 with version 5.0 of Zetadocs for NAV to NAV 2013 with the Platform Feature Pack
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Version 5.0 of Zetadocs for NAV with NAV 2009
This technote explains how to perform an upgrade from NAV 2009 with version 5.0 of Zetadocs for NAV to NAV 2013 with version 5.0 of Zetadocs for NAV with the Platform Feature Pack.
Before upgrading your NAV system the current Zetadocs for NAV configuration must be backed up. Follow the steps below to export the Zetadocs settings prior to performing the upgrade:
- Open the NAV Classic Client and log on to the database.
- Navigate to the (Administration tab > Application Setup > Zetadocs Setup).
- Run the Zetadocs General Settings form.
- Click on Functions -> Export configuration data to save the configuration data to an XML file.
After the export, the Zetadocs for NAV Client should be uninstalled from any machines being upgraded.
Upgrading your NAV System
After these steps, you can perform the NAV 2009 to NAV 2013 upgrade procedure as specified by Microsoft here.
Upgrading your Zetadocs Components
After upgrading your NAV system you will need to update the three components shown below which will upgrade your system to the version 5.0 of Zetadocs for NAV with the Platform Feature Pack specification.
- Zetadocs Server
- Zetadocs for NAV Client
- Zetadocs for NAV Objects
The Zetadocs Document Queue folders contain captured documents and display them in the relevant document queue. The files in the converted folders need to be deleted before the upgrade process.
- the existing Zetadocs for NAV Document Queue Folders. These will be specified in your Zetadocs Sales/Purchase Queue Setup Forms in the Zetadocs Setup > Advanced Settings section of NAV Administration.
- Make sure that the Zetadocs Document Converter service is not running.
- Open the document queues and delete all files from the content of the hidden subfolder ‚_Converted‛ . (To view hidden folders you will need to modify the folder options of Windows)
- Continue with the upgrade.
The Zetadocs Server can be upgraded by running the installation program from your product download, simply:
- Log in with Administrator rights and deactivate the User Account Control (UAC), click here for details on doing this.
- Uninstall your existing copy of the Zetadocs Server via Add/Remove Programs.
- Run the Version 5.0 of Zetadocs for Microsoft Dynamics with the Platform Feature Pack software download.
- Select the install option for your product version from the main menu.
- Next select the Zetadocs Server option.
- The installation program will run, proceed through the wizard and on completion you will be asked to restart your system before the changes can take effect.
Zetadocs for NAV Client
The Zetadocs for NAV Client is installed in 3 separate parts:
- Zetadocs PDF
- Zetadocs API Runtime
- Zetadocs NAV Client
Install the Zetadocs NAV Client appropriate to your Operating System. Note that you may be prompted to upgrade the Zetadocs PDF Client on the system, you should click yes to confirm that an upgrade should be performed.
Zetadocs for NAV Objects
You are now ready to import the updating objects from the Platform Feature Pack into your database. From within NAV, import the Zetadocs for NAV Objects – NAV7.00.fob file from your product download. You will be prompted to open the Import Worksheet – click yes to import all objects.
Installing New Zetadocs Components
Having completed upgrading your existing components you need to add several new components, such as the revised page interfaces which are required for NAV 2013. The following items should be installed as per the instructions in the installation guide.
- Page Interfaces
- Report Modifications
- Import the configuration file (using the file we exported earlier)
These modifications can either be imported using the sample fob files in the software download, manually modified as per the instructions in the install guide, or automatically modified using the Zetadocs NAV Report and Interface tools.
Zetadocs for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Installation Guide
Last updated: 27th December 2012 (WK/NT/MW)