This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Version 8.0 of Zetadocs for NAV
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
This document describes how to manually add a customized filter to the rules button which is created when modifying the page using the Zetadocs Interface Modification Tool.
Zetadocs needs to modify the pages to interact with your Microsoft Dynamics NAV environment. As a result, it adds the Zetadocs FactBox area to the page; and for Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2016 environments, it also enables the system for server delivery by creating a few buttons in the ribbon area of the page. One of these buttons is the Zetadocs Rules button.
The Zetadocs Rules button displays the delivery rules created for specific customers or vendors, depending on the page. If you want to filter the customers or vendors when you click the Rules button in a specific record you may need to add a filter manually.
Note: The example provided in this document explains how to do it for a Sales Order page, but similar logic would apply to any other supported page.
Please follow the steps to add your custom filter to the Zetadocs Rules button:
1. Open the Object Designer in the NAV Development Environment.
2. Select the page that you have modified and press the Design button, e.g. Page 42 – Sales order in this tutorial.
3. Open the View>Page Actions from the menu.
4. Browse to the Zetadocs ActionGroup, and select the row named Rules.
5. Open the properties for that row by clicking View>Properties.
6. Add a new RunPageLink value and select the Customer or Vendor No field depending on the modified page. For this example, add the following:
Customer No.=FIELD(Sell-to Customer No.)
Where the Customer No in the Zetadocs Rule page is related to the “Sell-to Customer No.” in the Sales Order page.
7. Save, compile and close the page.
8. Test your system:
a. Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Client
b. Browse to the page you have modified, e.g. Sales Order, in this example.
c. Click on the Rules button within the Zetadocs group.
d. Create a new rule.
e. It should create the rule linked to the customer or vendor for that record.
f. Delete the rule you have created if you do not need it.
Last updated: 5th August 2016 (JV/NT)
Keywords: Unable to filter customer or vendors from the rules