FIX: The Related Documents Grid is not populated when there are more than 5000 documents in the document library
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Version 2.x of Zetadocs for Dynamics GP
- Version 4.x of Zetadocs for Dynamics NAV
The Related Documents Grid is not populated when the number of documents in a document library exceeds the SharePoint List View Threshold. This threshold is set to 5000 by default for users and to 20,000 for Administrators and Auditors. This means that once the threshold is exceeded:
- When opening a record the documents related to it will not be visible.
- When uploading/dragging and dropping a document to a record it will not appear in the grid.
In both cases the documents will still be stored in SharePoint correctly – but it will not be visible in the Related Documents grid.
There is a patch available from Equisys Technical Support. This alters the query used to retrieve documents from SharePoint.
Please note: There is a separate, per record, limit of 1,900 related documents. In the case of there being more than 1,900 documents relating to one record the documents which have been most recently added will be shown. This 1,900 document limit also applies to the results of any custom queries which are implemented.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 21/11/2011 (LD/MW)