PRB: Zetafax Exchange Connector Pickup and Drop Folders Shared With the Wrong Permissions
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax Exchange Connectors for Exchange 2007 and 2010
After installing the Zetafax Exchange Connector on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine the pickup and drop folders will be shared with the wrong permissions.
Zetafax Server requires read and write access to the pickup and drop folders, but they are shared with read access only, so configuration of the email gateway will fail.
This is caused by a problem in the installation where it is unable to set the shared folder permissions due to UAC.
The work around for this problem is to manually share the folders after installation, ensuring that the account that Zetafax Server is run as has full access to the folders.
For Exchange 2010 the folders can be found here:
- C:\Program Files\Zetafax Exchange 2010\drop\
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\TransportRoles\Pickup\
The instructions for sharing a folder are below:
- Right click on the folder and select “Properties”.
- Open the Sharing tab.
- Click on “Advanced Sharing”.
- Check the “Share this folder” checkbox.
- Leave the share name as “pickup” or “drop” depending on which folder you are sharing.
- Click on “Permissions”.
- Add the user account that is used to run Zetafax Server.
- Give that account full control.
- Click ok to close the dialogs.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 07/05/2010 (JW/MW)
Keywords: < Permissions> < Exchange> < folder sharing>