PRB: Unable to import language modules in NAV 2013 R2 or NAV 2015
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 and NAV 2015
- Versions v6.0/v6.1/v7.0/v7.1 of Zetadocs for NAV
- Zetadocs Express
The following error message is displayed when attempting to import a language module into a non-W1 version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 or NAV 2015: “The table definition is invalid and cannot be validated”.
Following this error message being displayed, the import of the language modules is aborted.
This is a known issue with importing language modules in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 and NAV 2015.
Before importing the language modules follow the steps below:
- Open the NAV Development Environment.
- Go to Tools -> Options.
- Change the Prevent data loss from table changes option to No as shown in the picture below:
- Press OK. (Make sure to press OK as using ESC to close the form will revert the changes).
- Import the language modules.
Once the language modules have been imported, the Prevent data loss from table changes option can be changed back to Yes.
· HOWTO Import language modules from NAV 2013 R2 to NAV 2016
Last updated 21st October 2015 (JV/MW/WK)
Keywords: table definition is invalid and cannot be validated