PRB: "Problems accessing Zetafax site properties" error in Outlook when clicking on Zetafax Options
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax Version 9.1 and later
When clicking on Zetafax Options in Outlook you get an error message " Problems accessing Zetafax site properties. Contact your administrator"
The issue is due to the Zetafax Exchange connector installation program not setting the security correctly in AD for its objects.
In order to resolve the issue you need to set the security attributes manually on the organisation object - and other objects that should have been setup after the organisation object permissions.
- Run the application ADSI Edit (Start Menu\Programs\Windows 2000/3 Support Tools\Tools)
WARNING: Using ADSI edit (Active Directory Services Information Editor) incorrectly can cause serious problems with your Active directory network services that may require disaster recovery. Equisys cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of ADSI Editor can be solved. Use ADSI edit at your own risk. For information about ADSI edit, view the Help topic in ADSI edit.
- In order to edit the properties on the Organisational Object you need to navigate to the CN= < organization name > (for example "CN=Development" in the screenshot below) folder found here:
Then right-click on the organization object (folder) and select properties.
The following screen will be displayed.
- In the Attribute Editor tab (displayed above), check that the following attributes exist:
Select the Security tab - you should see the following:
- Click Advanced to display the following screen:
Select the Everyone - Read/Write Permission item (as shown above) and select Edit
The following dialog will be displayed:
Ensure that Allow is selected for the following items:
- You now need to set up the security permissions on the connector object. This is located within CN=Connections as per the screenshot below:
- The permissions described below may need to be applied to each ZFConnector object in each routing group. The process is as follows:
Right-click on the CN=ZFConnector object in the right-hand pane to display the CN=ZFConnector Properties dialog:
Click on the Security tab and then click Advanced to display the Advanced Security Setting:
Click on the Everyone Read-Write Property and select Edit to display the permissions:
Set the following properties to Allow:
Read All Properties
Write All Properties
- Finally restart the connector and check the changes have been successful by accessing the Zetafax Options within Outlook.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 06 January 2006 (LD/GR/EB)
Keywords: < Zetafax Options> < Site Properties> < Connector>