PRB: Editing the message send options causes Outlook 2000 to close when the Zetafax Extensions are installed
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax 7 Outlook extensions and later
- Outlook 2000 pre Service pack 2
When changing the send options properties of any message in Outlook 2000 with the Zetafax extensions installed, Outlook will close unexpectedly.
The Zetafax toolbar (OUTEXT.DLL) is incompatible with Outlook 2000 that has not been updated to Service pack 2.
There are two possible resolutions to this issue. Remove the Zetafax toolbar from the current version of Outlook or update Outlook to Service pack 2.
Uninstalling the Zetafax toolbar
1. Launch Outlook
2. Go to Tools> Options and choose the 'Other' tab.
3. Click on 'Advanced Options' and then 'COM Add-Ins'.
4. Highlight the 'Zetafax Outlook Addin' and click 'Remove'.
5. This may cause Outlook to close unexpectedly. If so reopen and confirm the Zetafax toolbar is no longer visible.
6. Test the fix by following the instructions later in this document.
Install Service pack 2 for Office 2000
1. Apply Service pack 2 for Office 2000 following the instructions provided.
- After the update successfully completes confirm Outlook reports itself as Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-2 (Version 126.96.36.19927) using the Help> About Microsoft Outlook menu.
Testing the fixes
- Launch Outlook 2000.
- Compose a new message.
- Go to File> Properties and choose the 'General' tab.
- Click on 'Send Options' and choose the 'Microsoft Exchange Server' tab.
- Delay the message using the 'Send this item' option.
- Click OK.
- Outlook should continue as expected.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 11 May 2006 (SV/EB)
First Published: 22 October 2001 (GC/DH)