INFO: Zetadocs Express in a Terminal Services and Citrix environment
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Version 5.0 of Zetadocs Express
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008 with Windows Terminal Services
- Windows Server 2008 with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5
- Windows Server 2003 with Windows Terminal Services
- Windows Server 2003 with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5
This technote summarises the supported configurations and functionality of Zetadocs under a Terminal Services and Citrix environment.
Terminal Services Installation mode
It is recommended to install Zetadocs Express in Terminal Server Installation Mode.
In Windows Server 2003 this can be done in Add/Remove programs -> Add New Programs -> CD or Floppy.
In Windows Server 2008 Control Panel -> Programs -> Install Application on Remote Desktop.
Terminal Services Remote Desktop Mode and Citrix Published Desktop Mode
In this scenario, the client user accesses an install of NAV on the terminal server.
As long as client user uses all applications and files on the remote desktop and does not try to interoperate between local and server machines (e.g. dragging from local file system to remote desktop), all Zetadocs Express functionality is supported.
Terminal Services Published Application Mode and Citrix Published Application Mode
In this scenario, the NAV application is shared to users. The executable runs from the server but from the user perspective, the application runs like a locally installed application. Please be aware of the following limitations:
- Drag and drop from other published applications is supported (e.g. Outlook as a published application). However drag and drop from the local machine onto the published application does not work (e.g. file from the local desktop)
- Copy and paste of files that are in a shared folder with a UNC path which is accessible by both client and server is supported. However, copy and paste of local files or Outlook items is not supported. To copy and paste an Outlook item it either has to be saved as a file first (in a shared folder) or Outlook itself must be running as a published application.
- The Browse button is supported for files on the server file system only.
- Send, and Save and Send functionality requires Outlook credentials to be stored i.e. Outlook must start without any prompts.
- To use the View functionality of the Zetadocs Capture Addin, an associated application must be installed and configured on the terminal server.
Last updated: 04 October 2011 (JN/NT)