INFO: Changes in Brooktrout driver version 6.7.1 update
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
The Brooktrout 6.7.1 driver update contains a number of fixes and enhancements including support for LP03 PCI Express low profile TR1034 Analog boards, and the enhancements from the Brooktrout driver version 6.7.0 update. It is intended for use on Zetafax 2014 systems, which included version 6.6.0 of the Brooktrout drivers, and also Zetafax 2014 systems with the Brooktrout driver version 6.7.0 update installed.
The update is required for any Zetafax Server using the LP03 PCI Express low profile TR1034 Analog boards.
The update is recommended for other Zetafax 2014 systems configured with Brooktrout fax board or the Zetafax FoIP Connector (SR140 Edition).
This document details the changes in the release
Please note that for Trufax full length boards installed on Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2, ZTN2068 must be followed.
The release includes the following changes:
- Support for LP03 PCI Express low profile TR1034 Analog boards
- The Brooktrout drivers have now been certified by Dialogic for use with the LP03 PCI Express low profile TR1034 Analog boards.
- Improved G.711 Performance – SR140
- When using G.711 for faxing in deployments with network impairments, performance has been improved. If a T.38 re-invite is rejected by the remote end-point, a re-invite can be re-attempted using G.711 if configured from the Brooktrout Configuration Utility. Additionally, the G.711 RTP jitter buffer has been expanded to support a longer time period.
- Fixes to the following issues:
- Under rare conditions, a TR1034 digital board configured as E1 may have difficulty synchronizing with the remote device after the Boston Host Service is started.
- On occasion, the Boston Host Service would crash when a SIP 200 OK message was received immediately after a SIP Provisional (e.g. 180 RINGING) message with Early Media specified.
- If a T.38 re-invite is received with the max datagram size set greater than 1024, the SR140 would not send a 200 OK response to continue the fax session.
- Some pages of incoming faxes with multiple page resolutions appear squashed or stretched.
ZTN1744 HOWTO: Upgrade to the latest Brooktrout Drivers.
ZTN1941 FIX: Multiple resolution fax pages not displayed correctly
ZTN2062 INFO: Changes in Brooktrout driver version 6.7.0 update
Last updated: 13th October 2014 (NT/JV)
Keywords: Brooktrout SR140 LP03 PCI Express