HOWTO: Install the Zetadocs Archive on Windows Server 2003
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Version 6.0 and later of Zetadocs for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Version 6.0 and later of Zetadocs Express
- Windows Server 2003
This technical note describes the additional steps required to install the Zetadocs Archive on Windows Server 2003. Zetadocs Archive Service depends on SQL Server for indexing files in the Zetadocs Archive folder and storing metadata for the files in the Zetadocs Archive database.
The installation program for the Zetadocs Archive Service contains SQL Server 2012 Express which is not supported on Windows Server 2003, so an additional step is required to install a supported version of SQL Server Express before running the Zetadocs Archive Service installer.
The latest version of SQL Server Express that is supported on Windows Server 2003 is SQL Server 2008 R2 Express. To install SQL Server 2008 R2 Express manually, follow the steps below:
- Please review the hardware and software requirements before installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Express available from the following link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506(v=sql.105).aspx
Please note that Microsoft recommends that you do not to install SQL Server 2008 R2 Express on a domain controller.
Installation - Preparation and downloads:
Installation – Executing the installer:
- Create a folder for the contents of the new installation, for example “Zetadocs Archive Installation” located on the Desktop.
- Download SQL Server 2008 R2 Express depending on your operating system from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30438. Save it in the Zetadocs Archive Installation folder.
- Browse to your Zetadocs download and view the installation files and copy the ManualSQLScriptInstaller.cmd from the Scripts folderinto the Zetadocs Archive Installation folder.
- Execute the ManualSQLScriptInstaller.cmd in a command line:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In Open, type cmd to open the Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt change directory to the “Zetadocs Archive Installation” folder created earlier.
- In the command prompt, please type:
ManualSQLScriptInstaller.cmd < SQL Server 2008 R2 executable>
Where < SQL Server 2008 R2 executable> is the SQL Installer downloaded in the step 2.b). For example, when installing on Windows Server 2003 R2 x86:
Then, press enter and follow the instructions in the wizard.
- The installation is completed. Please verify that there is a SQL service in your system called ZETADOCS.
If the installation is completed successfully then the “Zetadocs Archive Installation” folder can be deleted.
Now follow instructions from the installation guide to complete the install of the Zetadocs Archive.
ZTN4291-HOWTO Backup and Restore a network folder based Zetadocs Archive
ZTN4289-HOWTO Move the Zetadocs Archive to another server
ZTN4300-HOWTO Move the Zetadocs Archive folder to another location
Last updated: 4th December 2013 (JV/MW)