FIX: Backup server fails to start if run as a service
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax 2007 and all service pack versions.
If the Failover Zetafax Backup server is run as a service it fails to initialise when started. The following error appears on the Zetafax Server Monitor:
08-06-18 11:07:31 SYSMAN - (S) - Initialisation taken too long - aborting
The reason for this problem is that the Zetafax Server when running as a service is not aware of the Failover configuration.
This behaviour is corrected with a hotfix. Please contact Equisys support for download instructions.
To resolve this problem, please perform the following steps on the Failover Backup Zetafax Server. Once complete, the Failover Zetafax Backup Server will start successfully when run as a service, and the failover configuration will work as expected.
- Extract the file provided (Sysman.exe) to a temporary location, e.g. c:\temp
- Stop the Failover Backup Zetafax Server, if running.
- Browse to < program files> \Zetafax Server\Server.
- Rename Sysman.exe to Sysman.exe.old.
- Copy the new files provided (Sysman.exe) into your < program files> \Zetafax Server\SERVER\ folder. Ensure that the file version is 11.2.675.
- Launch the Services Management Console (Services.msc) from the Run option on the Start Menu.
- Start the “Zetafax Server” service.
- The service should start successfully.
This behaviour was corrected as a hotfix.
Last updated: 15 August 2008 (HP/GR/GC/MW)
Keywords: Zetafax Server failover