FIX: Address Book entries appear corrupted when using the Zetafax address book.
This Zetafax technical note applies to customers with the following system configuration:
- Zetafax Server version 9 systems
- Any of the following Zetafax Client installations:
- Zetafax 9.1 client, and one or more groups in their address book
- Zetafax 9.1 client, and one or more entries with a blank fax number in their address book
- Zetafax 9 or older clients
The Zetafax address book does not work correctly on some systems when using the "Address Book Search" dialog. Entries are displayed incorrectly in the dialog (e.g. part of name missing or vertical bar characters displayed). Selecting one of these entries as a recipient, or trying to edit or delete the entry may fail with one of the following error messages:
- Cannot find: xxx (where xxx is typically a part of the entry surname)
- Rejected: Deletion of the entry for xxx from the network address book. Cannot find the entry for xxx
- ("Address Book Editor" dialog remains displayed indefinitely with "Searching .")
The problem is caused by incorrect processing of the client address book index file, ADB.LST, which was changed in version 9.1.
An update is available via the Equisys download site to rectify this problem. To apply this update, please follow this procedure:
- Download the update from the following location:
- Extract the update files to a temporary folder
On the Zetafax Server machine, perform the following:
- Close down the Zetafax Server
- Browse to the Zetafax Server 'Server' folder. This is usually at c:\program files\Zetafax Server\SERVER
- Rename ADB.EXE in this folder to ADB.OLD
- Move the downloaded version of ADB.EXE into this folder.
- Restart the Zetafax Server
On each affected client machine, do the following:
- Close down the Zetafax Client
- Browse to the Zetafax Client install folder. This is usually 'c:\program files\Zetafax\'
- Rename Zetafax.exe to Zetafax.old
- Copy the new Zetafax.exe into this folder
- Restart the Zetafax Client.
- Select 'Search' from the 'Addresses' menu in the Zetafax Client. A message will be displayed telling you that the server has not constructed the network address file. The network address file will then be constructed within the next few seconds.
Note: Reinstalling the Zetafax client system on users systems will result in the version of the client being reverted back to the previous version. If for any reason you have to reinstall the client, remember to re-apply this update.
This behaviour was corrected in the above update.
Last updated: 30 November 2005 (GR/SV/EB/DH)
First Published: 18 July 2005 (MS/EB/SV/DH)
Keywords: Client Address Book