Reflections on Directions EMEA
A clearer NAV future ahead
Directions EMEA had a lot to live up to after the roller coaster that was the North American edition last month. It’s fair to say it surpassed expectations.
There was much confusion following Directions North America, but Marko Perisic, General Manager Microsoft Dynamics 365, cleared up much of this following the event. Delegates therefore arrived in Madrid seeking further clarity on a range of topics, particularly Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 “Tenerife”.
What we learned
The most notable details made available were:
- There will be a Dynamics NAV 2018. General availability is 1st December 2017 with Dynamics 365 Tenerife coming in Spring 2017
- Tenerife will be the release where on premises NAV and the Microsoft hosted cloud offering will be the same software
- There will be a Business Management Suite and the Business Applications Platform (aka traditional NAV) with white label as an option
- The Office team are developing more apps in addition to the invoicing app for SMEs. These include a Business Centre dashboard and some machine learning built in Outlook that can take unstructured data from an email and create a sales order automatically in Tenerife
- Tenerife will have a new UI
These announcements were generally welcomed by the NAV community, who expressed satisfaction with the pace at which NAV is developing and that it would be business as usual with regards to NAV.
The Zetadocs team was out in Madrid, meeting with our partners and sharing updates on our products. We pride ourselves on being a partner and channel-ready solution, which is why we have committed to future-proofing Zetadocs for Dynamics 365.
Learn more about this and how we will help you continue to say "yes" to your customers in this webinar.