PRB: Zetafax Server closes when a new entry is added to the network address book
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax version 5.0 and later
When you try to add a new entry into the network address book using the Zetafax client, it will cause the Zetafax Server to close with the error "invalid database file" in the server log.
The address database file ADB.DB has reached the limit for the number of records it can hold.
The database will need to be recreated. Please follow these steps:
1) Shut down the Zetafax Server.
2) Open a command prompt window.
3) Navigate to the Zetafax Server folder:
cd c:\program files\zetafax server\server\
4) Run ADBUTIL.EXE
5) Type 'E' followed by Return to export the address book to an ASCII file. Follow the instructions on screen, make a note of the filename.
6) Browse to zfax\SERVER\Z-DB (where 'zfax' is the location of your Zetafax Server).
7) Cut and paste the two files named ADB.DB and ADB.IDX to a backup location.
8) Run ADBUTIL again. This time select 'C' to create a new database. Specify a new record limit when asked making sure it leaves sufficient space to add new entries.
9) After the new database is completed, run ADBUTIL once again to import the address book. Select 'I' and follow the instructions. Specify the exact filename which was given to the exported file.
10) Browse to zfax\SYSTEM\Z-DB, either rename or backup ADB.LST to another folder.
11) Restart the Zetafax Server twice to regenerate the address book.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 31st October 2006 (JW/EB/GC)