HOWTO: Install the Zetafax Connector in a Clustered Exchange 2007 environment
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
- Zetafax 2007 Service Pack 1 and later
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
This technical note explains how to install the Zetafax Connector for Exchange 2007 into a Microsoft Exchange 2007 cluster environment.
Exchange Server 2007 mailbox servers can be configured as traditional Single Copy Clusters (SCC) or the new high availability feature called Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR)*. The Zetafax Connector for Exchange 2007 must be installed on an Exchange 2007 server with the Hub Transport role. As this Exchange role can't be clustered with either of these technologies, these instructions are valid irrespective of the cluster deployed.
Administrators who wish to have total manual control over their Exchange 2007 Server machine and do not wish to run the Zetafax Connector for Exchange Server 2007 installer can follow ZTN1565.
Please ensure that you check for Updates in the Zetafax Server Monitor before continuing.
If you have an existing Zetafax Connector installed on Exchange 2000/2003, please follow this technical note in conjunction with this one ZTN1578.
Your Exchange 2007 cluster environment should already be set up and functional.
Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 should be installed on the machine that will host the Zetafax Server.
- Logon to the Exchange 2007 Hub Transport Server as a Domain Administrator.
- Double click SETUP.EXE from the Exchange 2007 Connector 64-bit directory to start the Zetafax Connector install program.
- Follow the on screen prompts and click Finish when prompted to complete the install.
Verifying the Installation
- Confirm that the connector's drop folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Zetafax Exchange 2007\drop\) has been shared and Authenticated users have full control to both the share and the folder security.
- Confirm that the Exchange 2007 pickup directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange\TransportRoles\Pickup) has been shared and Authenticated users have full control to both the share and the folder security.
- Confirm a Mail Contact called Zetafax exists with an E-mail address of * and E-mail type FAX.
The install is now complete. You now need to configure the Zetafax email gateway before you can test the installation.
Logon to the Zetafax Server and enable and configure the email gateway using the Zetafax configuration program and online help.
Once the email gateway is configured for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, restart the Zetafax Server service to populate the fax coversheet lists within Active Directory and make them available to Outlook users.
Additional Setup Options
For administrators wishing to manage Zetafax users using the Zetafax tab within Active Directory Users and Computers, please run the schema update utility (C:\Program Files\Zetafax Exchange 2007\ZFSchemaUtil.exe), using a Schema Admin account. If you are going to manage Zetafax users with the Zetafax configuration program, you can skip this step.
The Zetafax tab is enabled by registering the files ZfuSnapIn2K7.dll and ZfcAd.dll found in C:\Program Files\Zetafax Exchange 2007\ on each server you wish to manage Zetafax users from.
Use these commands in Start > Run to register the DLL files:
regsvr32 < path> \ZfuSnapIn2K7.dll
regsvr32 < path> \ZfcAd.dll
NOTE: schema changes are irreversible once performed. Please ensure that you are happy with these schema changes being applied to your Active Directory setup.
ZTN1578 - HOWTO Maintaining fax capabilities during a migration to Exchange Server 2007
ZTN1606 – HOWTO Updating to Zetafax 2007 SP1
* These instructions were tested with an Exchange 2007 Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) based Mailbox Server.
Last updated: 24 July 2007 (GC/GR)
Keywords: Exchange 2007 cluster install