HOTWO: Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the Zetadocs Expenses mobile app
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Zetadocs Expenses Mobile App (iOS and Andriod)
This technote will outline the steps of troubleshooting issues with the app, as well as what information to gather for a support engineer to investigate the issue for you.
By following this technote you will be able to either resolve issues with the mobile app or acquire all the required information for a support engineer to investigate the issue if it is persisting.
If you are experiencing issues whereby the app is not working as intended, such as it not opening, not allowing you to sign in, not responding etc. – follow the below steps to ensure the app is installed correctly and there are no cache related issues impacting the performance of the app.
Clearing the cached data:
- Firstly, you want to clear the cache, this can be done by firstly signing into the app with the relevant Microsoft or Zetadocs account
- At this point, open the settings by selecting the navigation drawer icon in the top left of the app
- Select the ‘Settings’ option
- At this point you can now navigate to the ‘Device’ settings at the top of the screen
- Within this page, find the ‘Data Cache’ option and click ‘Clear Cache’
- You will need to select ‘Yes’ to the pop-up confirming the action of clearing the cache (any work unsaved to the server will be lost in expenses)
- The user will now be signed out, log back in with the relevant account and test functionality to see if the issue is resolved.
If the issue is persisting beyond this or you are not able to navigate to the clear cache screen, the next step would be attempt re-installing the app. You should be able to manage apps via the app store of your device and re-install from there.
Still experiencing issues?
At this point, if the issue is persisting, a support engineer will need to investigate it and will require some further information.
Please enable troubleshooting logs by again navigating to Settings > Device Settings and set ‘Enable Troubleshooting Logs (for support use) to ‘Yes’.
Please also then supply the following information to support at email@example.com quoting the technote reference ZTN6023
- Description of the error/issue experienced (with example screenshots/video ideally)
- Relevant information (Report ID’s, Username’s, User ID’s)
- Device make and model
- Operating system of the device
- Is this a company device?
- Does this have device/application management in place?
- Version of the app installed? (In the expenses app go to Settings > Device settings and the version will display at the bottom of the app)
Last updated: 30th June 2022 (MT)
Keywords: Zetadocs Expenses App Issues