PRB: Zetafax Client installer hangs during the printer installation on a Citrix server
This Zetafax technical note applies to:
During a Zetafax client install on a Citrix server the process will hang when it reaches the Zetafax printer installation stage. Clicking on Cancel fails to terminate the setup program.
To resolve this issue, the Zetafax Client application along with the printer driver files and registry entries will need to be removed prior to a reinstallation.
Make sure you are logged onto the Citrix server itself as console. All Citrix users will need to be logged off since each session runs ‘ZFDAEMON.exe’, which will be deleted.
- Remove the client from Add/Remove programs
- Delete the folder ‘Zetafax’ (default C:\Program Files).
- Browse to the user’s temporary area (Start | Run | “%temp%”) and clear out the contents of this folder. Be sure to check folders which cannot be deleted (due to file locking) and remove any references to Zetafax.
- Browse to C:\Windows\System32
Remove any IMG***.dll files which are associated with either Equisys or Imagemaker (if they are not associated, do not delete the files). You can confirm the details by right clicking on the file and selecting Properties. Navigate to the Version tab and look at the description.
Repeat the above for C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86. Be sure to check all the subfolders here as well.
- Delete ZFPRNCTL.EXE from Windows\System32
- Open “regedit” from Start | Run.
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Equisys cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk.
Navigate to “My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors” and delete the key named “FaxBatch Monitor Port”.
- Stop the Citrix Print Manager service.
- The Zetafax Client can now be re-installed.
This has been identified by Equisys as a problem with the software versions given above.
Last updated: 19th March 2007 (JW/GC)
Keywords: < printer> < citrix> < hang> < setup> < install>