INFO: Zetadocs for NAV reports that user is not licenced
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Version 9.0 of Zetadocs for NAV
- Zetadocs Express
After upgrading to Zetadocs for NAV version 9 you receive the following warning when you drag and drop a file onto the Zetadocs Documents FactBox “Failed to archive document. You have not been enabled to use this feature. Please contact your Administrator.”
This can be resolved by registering the software and adding these users to the “User Management” list in the Zetadocs PDF Configuration tool.
The steps below will detail how to register your Zetadocs Express licence and how to enable Zetadocs Express users.
- Open the Zetadocs PDF Configuration program on the NAV Server.
- On the Licensing and Registration tab, click Change and enter your Zetadocs Express License number.
- Next, Click the Register button and enter your company name
- Click OK to register.
- You will then be taken to our Register Web page, where you will need to enter your company details to register for support.
- After registering, you will receive an email from email@example.com containing your registration code. Please ensure this email address is added to your spam filter to prevent the email from being flagged as spam.
- Now, go back to the Licensing and Registration tab in the Zetadocs PDF Configuration tool, click Set on the Registration Code section and enter your registration code.
- Click Ok and Save your changes.
If you have not received your registration code, you can continue to work for 30 days, after which you will need to enter the code to continue.
- Store the license on a Network folder accessible to the Dynamics NAV Server on the General tab and make note of the path as you’ll need to enter this path on the Zetadocs General Settings page in Dynamics NAV.
- Open the NAV Windows or web client and go to the Zetadocs General Settings page – enter the path to the license folder in License Path.
- The Zetadocs Documents FactBox About page will load the license and display it:
Zetadocs Express license has been activated; however, you might need to add the user to the list Zetadocs valid users.
To enable a user on Zetadocs, open the Zetadocs PDF Configuration program and choose User Management.
Enter the NAV user account and then Save. Now the Zetadocs Documents FactBox About page will appear as type Zetadocs Express for all Zetadocs Express users.
HOWTO: Upgrade from Zetadocs Express to the latest version of Zetadocs for NAV
Last updated: 5th December 2016 (JC)