INFO: What’s new in Zetadocs for NAV v9.1
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Zetadocs Delivery
- Zetadocs Capture
This technote summarises the changes in the latest version of Zetadocs for NAV.
The following changes have been made to version 9.1 of Zetadocs for NAV.
Zetadocs NAV Server Delivery is now able to layer a stationery PDF file behind the PDF of the NAV Report being sent. The PDF stationery file to be merged is set using the Zetadocs Template as normal and is applied when sending both NAV RDLC Reports and NAV Word Layout Reports with Zetadocs.
Document Template Wizard
The Zetadocs Client Document Template Wizard has been updated in this release to support PDF stationery files.
Convert to PDF
To assist customers with the migration to Zetadocs NAV Server Delivery, the Convert to PDF option is used to convert existing Zetadocs Client stationery files (*.zds) to PDF files.
Repeat last page
Typically companies use letterhead paper with continuation sheets on printed stationery. Zetadocs NAV Server delivery supports this with multi-page PDF stationery files, by repeating the last page on all subsequent pages of the NAV report.
Delete failed jobs
Zetadocs NAV Server delivery jobs are only visible in the Zetadocs Outbox whilst being processed. Under normal use the Zetadocs Outbox should be empty and only list jobs that have failed to send. Once the failure has been rectified, use the Zetadocs retry button to retry the failed job. In cases where the failure can’t be rectified, use the new Delete button to remove the job from the Outbox and resend the job again.
Optimised support for Remittance Advice Journal and Remittance Advice Entries reports in the NAV GB database, by the introduction of the Report Pre-Processing setting on the Zetadocs Report Settings per NAV Report. This setting will improve the performance of NAV reports based on more than one Report DataItem by processing the Report Request page on the NAV Client ahead of submission to the NAV Server.
Zetadocs NAV Server Delivery supports additional Dynamic Commands: Dynamic Fields and Dynamic Attachments, retaining the Zetadocs Client Embedded Command syntax so that existing customizations continue to work.
1. Dynamic Fields (%%[Field..]) – Additional information used to personalize the email sent or the metadata archived.
2. Dynamic attachments (%%[FileAttachment…]) – Adds additional attachments to the email being sent, optionally merging stationery per attachment.
For more information, please see the Zetadocs SDK guide.
General improvements and enhancements
· ZTN4486 - FIX Zetadocs FactBox does not refresh automatically when opening a card page
· ZTN4484 - FIX Unable to view archived documents from Zetadocs 32-bit Client-Side Addin
· ZTN4483 - FIX Unable to view archived documents from Zetadocs Any Client Addin
· ZTN4482 - FIX Users with email account name keep being unlicensed
· ZTN4480 - FIX Intermittent auto-linking failures
· ZTN3623 - FIX: Zetadocs PDF Configuration Tool corrupted the XML configuration file
How to upgrade to the latest version of Zetadocs for NAV
Last updated: 18th April 2017 (JC/GC)