HOWTO: Upgrade to latest version of NAV with Zetadocs for NAV installed
This Zetadocs technical note applies to:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV with Zetadocs for NAV
This technote explains how to perform an upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV with Zetadocs for NAV installed.
Upgrading your Zetadocs Components
Before upgrading your NAV system you will need to update to the latest version of Zetadocs for NAV. The instructions for upgrading your Zetadocs for NAV system can be found in ZTN4430 technote.
Step 1: Backup Zetadocs Configuration
Before upgrading your NAV system the current Zetadocs for NAV configuration must be backed up. Follow the steps below to export the Zetadocs settings prior to performing the upgrade.
1. Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows Client.
2. Using the search box in the top right, search for and open the Zetadocs General Settings page.
3. Click on Actions -> Export Configuration Data to save the Zetadocs configuration data to an XML file.
Step 2: Upgrading your NAV System
After these steps, you can perform the Microsoft Dynamics NAV upgrade procedure as specified by Microsoft.
Step 3: Importing the Zetadocs Configuration
Having completed the NAV upgrade you now need to import the Zetadocs configuration to complete the upgrade.
- Page Interfaces
- Report Modifications
- Import the configuration file (using the file we exported earlier)
Zetadocs for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Installation Guide
ZTN4430 - HOWTO: Upgrade to the latest version of Zetadocs for NAV
Last updated: 19th December 2015(CR)